Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
Heelands School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. It is the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. This includes child protection procedures which detail how to respond to concerns about a child.
SAFEGUARDING IS EVERYBODY'S RESPONSIBILTY
Heelands School is committed to:
- Making sure that all our children and young people are safe, feel safe and are in a safe environment
- Making sure that children, parents/carers and staff are able to talk about any safeguarding concerns and feel listened to
- Ensuring that all staff and volunteers have appropriate background DBS checks
- Making sure all staff attend Safeguarding training; to be aware on the procedures and guidance relating to what to do if they suspect a child or young person is at risk to harm.
Under the Children Act 1989 the School has a duty to keep all children safe and to protect them from harm.
Any issue relating to child protection should be referred to either:
- Ian Fraser (Executive Headteacher) - Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Rebecca Daley (Associate Headteacher) - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Diane Farmer (School Business Manager) - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Katherine Houghton-Bell (TA) - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Any case of suspected abuse will be monitored and will be referred to the Children’s Services Department of Milton Keynes Council.
All child protection issues will be treated by the school as confidential.
Milton Keynes Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) MASH 01908 253169 / 01908 253170
Police Community Support Officer (PCSO):
OK Rehab: Treatment for drug addiction, alcoholism and process/behavioural addictions.